Blackfriars Settlement have a wide range of activities available throughout the week, including exercise, day trips and art and crafts.
- Befriending for elderly isolated people in the community.
- Arts and Crafts on Wednesdays from 1.30pm - 3.30pm.
- Men's Club for men over 55.
- An Osteopathic Clinic on Thursdays from 9.30am- 13.00pm. This is free, but you need to call and put your name down in advance. Phone reception for bookings, on 0207 928 9521.
- Lunch Club on Thursdays (£4.50) and Sundays (£5).
- Exercise classes throughout the week.
- A computer group on Fridays. The computer group runs from 12.30pm - 3.30pm and includes advice on how to make the most of the internet, book a place on 02079289521.
- A Sunday Lunch Club, from 11.00am -3.00pm, for people to come in to have a Sunday Roast (£5.00).
- Forget Me Not Club for people with memory problems or dementia.
- Crusoe club for visually impaired older people to meet, have lunch and try out different activities together (referrals only).
- Reading Group. The Reader Organisation run a reading group on Thursdays 3.30pm - 5.00pm.
- The Nightingales Choir practice on Thursday Afternoons.
- Hairdressing, pedicures and manicures are also sometimes available.
Please call Tina on 0207 928 9521 for more information on any of the activities.
Blackfriars also run a legal advice clinic. Click here for information.
1 Rushworth Street, Southwark, London, SE1 0RB
Events throughout the week; see below or call for details.
Who is it for:
The befriending service is for Southwark residents only, but other services are open to anyone.
Various; see timetable
1, 35, 40, 45, 63, 68, 168, 171, 172, 176, 188, 100, 133, 343, 344
Lambeth North, Waterloo, Southwark, Waterloo East