Disability Rights UK works to create a society where everyone with lived experience of disability or health conditions can participate equally as full citizens.
We are disabled people leading change to:
- Mobilise disabled people’s leadership and control – in our own lives, our organisations and society
- Achieve independent living in practice
- Break the link between disability and poverty
- Put disability equality and human rights into practice across society
We strengthen the voice of disabled people to make our rights real, as an effective national organisation led by people with a wide range of impairments or health conditions.
How we can help
We sell the RADAR accessible toilet keys. We produce high quality information, products and services developed by and for disabled people.
- Free factsheets on a range of benefits, advice and work support issues.
- Into apprenticeships - supporting disabled trainees in london.
- Education - We can provide advice to disabled students who are studying in England and support students who are studying in Wales and Scotland with general information on the Equality Act, welfare benefits and access to Higher Education.
- Consultancy - We can provide advice, support and training on employing and retaining disabled people and help your business to get disability confident.
We can help you reach more disabled customers, know your legal obligations, ensure your services are accessible and help you to employ and retain more disabled people through our bespoke programme of training and consultancy.
- We have public helplines for independent living - 0300 555 1525, and The Disabled Student helpline - 0800 328 5050.
- We partner with The Equality Advisory Support Service (EASS), to provide support for disabled people who feel they may have been disciminated against.
Our Leadership Programme provides disabled people with the skills and confidence to improve their lives and make a difference to the lives of many other disabled people across every sector of society
Our guides and publication are written by and for people with lived experience of disability or health conditions.
We offer specialist training in welfare benefits and disability confidence as well as bespoke training through our consultancy services.
Disability Rights UK runs a number of helplines:
Disabled Students Helpline
Tel: 0800 328 5050
Opening hours: Tuesdays 11:30am - 1:30pm and Thursdays 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Equality Advisory Support Service
Tel: 0808 800 0082
Textphone: 0808 800 0084
There is also a BSL webcam service available through the Royal Association for Deaf people
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am - 8:00pm, Saturday 10:00am - 2:00pm
Click here to visit the website
Independent Living Advice Line
Tel: 0300 555 1525
Opening hours: Mondays and Thursday 9:30am - 1:30pm
CAN Mezzanine, 49-51 East Road, London, N1 6AH
020 7250 8181 (Main Office)