There are many new technologies which have the potential to enhance the independence of people with dementia and the control they have over their lives. These devices may also help to support carers and reduce the costs associated with hospital and residential/nursing home care.
However, people with dementia, carers and professionals often had difficulties finding up-to-date and user-friendly information on what is available and how it can be obtained and used.
AT Dementia was developed to:
- raise the profile of assistive technology specifically appropriate to the needs of people with dementia
- provide information about the benefits and limitations of assistive technology
- provide up-to-date product information
- provide useful resources
- provide discussion forums so that users of the site could exchange of information
- draw information together on a single accessible website.