The Bede Centre is a place where people with learning disabilities can learn new skills, make friends, and help other people. Below are some of the things you can do at Bede Centre to make up your own personal timetable. Services can be purchased with a personal budget or arranged through your social worker.
The Bede centre can provide you with individual support if you need it to take part in Bede activities. You can also follow your own interests, participate in the community, and develop your skills and activities.
Bede Plus helps you find and keep paid work.
• Identify your skills and find out about different jobs
• Develop new skills through work experience or training
• Write your CV, get support with applications and interviews
• Get on-the-job coaching
Volunteering is giving some of your time to help other people. For example:
• Working for a charity in their office or shop
• Helping at a museum or a city farm
When you volunteer with Bede you get support from one of our workers. It’s a fun way to make friends, learn new things and help other people.
You can do social, sporting and arts activities – everything from a film club to Pilates, from a music group to drama. These will help you to:
• Try new experiences
• Learn new skills for all areas of your life
• Make new friends
• Learn how to keep healthy and well
Bede Centre - Accessible Sports
Weekly sport and physical activity sessions at the Bede Centre, free of charge. Open to all ages. The team at the Bede Centre will help you to find which activity best suits you if you are unsure. The Pilates classes are suitable for all abilities and offer gentle exercise.
The Bede Café is a working café, open to the public, training you in skills for work and home to help you:
• Work as part of a team and on your own
• Learn about food hygiene and preparing food safely
• Get ready for service and clean up afterwards
• Learn how to serve customers
For more information please contact Bede House by phone, post or e-mail.
Abbeyfield Road, London, SE16 2BS
Services can be purchased with a personal budget or arranged through your social worker.
Surrey Quays, Canada Water
We are beside the tower block. Enter by car at Aspinden Road, off Raymouth Road. Bede’s Youth Adventure Project and Learning Disabilities Project can all be located at The Bede Centre.