The major refurbishment of Blue Anchor Library has now been completed and the library reopened on 12 May 2014. Work has included the replacement of the ceilings, flooring and installation of new heating and lighting. Self service technology has been introduced, along with better study spaces and free Wi-Fi alongside the free internet access on the public PCs.
Blue Anchor Library offers:
- 6 adult study spaces
- Bookstart plus session, every Monday during term time 10.15am to 11.45am
- First Tuesday club for adults. A regular programme of talks and events. First Tuesday of the month, 10.30am to 12 noon
- Blue Anchor library book group takes place on the first Tuesday of every month 7pm to 8.30pm
- Photocopying facilities
- Free internet access and word processing facilities. You may need to book in advance
- Books, talking books and DVDs to borrow
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free computer classes and learning in libraries
It's completely free to join any of our 12 public libraries. Anyone can join - you don't even have to live in Southwark!
Simply complete the online library membership application here
Download an application form here or pick one up from your local library.
If you are registered disabled, please let us know at the point of joining as you are entitled to a range of concessions.
Your membership card can be used in all of Southwark's libraries so there's no need to join each one separately. Once you've joined you'll be able to borrow up to 15 items at a time.
Market Place, Southwark Park Road, SE16 3UQ
Monday 9am to 7pm; Tuesday 9am to 7pm; Wednesday closed; Thursday 9am to 7pm; Friday 10am to 6pm; Saturday 9am to 5pm; Sunday closed
There is wheelchair access to the library and a disabled toilet. There is no dedicated disabled parking.