CETRA Housing Co-operative Limited is a tenant management organisation (TMO) responsible for undertaking Housing Management functions for the residents of Cedars Estate since 1997. We operate under a management agreement form of contract held with Lambeth and take care of the estate of their behalf.
A TMO is an organisation set up by local tenants and residents to run an estates housing services. It represents the views of both tenures (tenants and leaseholders).
Cedars Estate is a medium size TMO, located within the London Borough of Lambeth with 381 units of various sizes spread over 3 parallel roads, Victoria Rise, Cedars Road and Lyncott Crescent, and a purpose built garage area off The Chase.
Our TMO is managed by a Management Committee currently consisting of 10 members who are all tenants or leaseholders from the estate. Members are elected at the Annual General Meeting and some can be co-opted through the year to fill vacancies.
We are continuously looking for ways to maintain and improve the estate, keeping our resident’s interests at heart.
We offer a range of services for the day-to-day running of the estate. Our services include:
- Responsive repairs and maintenance through the services of a directly employed Caretaker handy person supported by contractors appointed by the TMO
- Providing a cleaning service through a contractor appointed by the TMO
- Maintaining the grassed areas, and shrubs carried out by a contractor appointed by the TMO
- Managing and preparing void properties for re-letting (up to value of £5,000)
- Identifying the need for major works and lobbying the Council to programme these works
- Dealing with tenancy management issues including investigation into complaints of anti-social behaviour, unlawful occupancies, breach of tenancy or lease agreement, residents disputes, and referring the matter to Lambeth Council for further action when appropriate
- Pest Control
- Legal action for breaches of tenancy and rent arrears
The Council retains responsibility for the structure of the buildings, windows, major works, refuse collection, tree maintenance and foul sewers.
All tenants and leaseholders over the age of 18 are entitled to becoming a shareholder. As a shareholder, you will have a chance to be involved in the decision making of what happens on the estate by buying a share of £1.00. However, the TMO delivers services to all of the residents on the estate, whether they are members or not.
For more information or if you are interested in becoming a shareholder, contact the office.
For more information, please visit the website here or contact CETRA Housing Co-operative Ltd by phone, post or e-mail.
Office: 27 Cedars Road, London, SW4 0PN
Office Hours: Monday 9.00am – 5.00pm; Tuesday 9.00am – 5.00pm; Wednesday 9.00am – 5.00pm; Thursday 9.00am – 2.00pm; Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm; Saturday – Sunday CLOSED