Blackfriars Settlement's befriending service reaches out to the isolated elderly in the community.
Would you like some company? Someone friendly to come and visit you, have a cup of tea and a chat or accompany you out for a walk?
If you are a Southwark resident aged 60 and over, the befriending service can offer you:
- A regular visit from a trained befriender volunteer
- Someone special to talk to and a listening ear
- Provide help and support
- Help with minor errands and odd jobs
- Company on visits and help with getting out
- Information on local groups, services, activities and transport in your area.
If you or someone you know, would like to find out about the Befriending Service for Older People, please contact Sophia on:
0207 928 9521 or e-mail:
1 Rushworth Street, Southwark, London, SE1 0RB
1, 35, 40, 45, 63, 68, 168, 171, 172, 176, 188, 100, 133, 343, 344
Lambeth North, Waterloo, Southwark, Waterloo East