Aanchal provides help to South Asian women affected by domestic abuse.
Are you affected by domestic abuse? Are you scared of leaving your partner because you don't know where to go? Perhaps it's not you but your mum, a friend, a colleague or a relative. And they can't speak English. Let us help you by getting in touch.
Helpline: 0845 4512 547
If you (or a family member or a friend) are affected by domestic abuse and need help, call us on the above number. Our helpline is open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Our service is completely confidential and we provide help in the following languages: English, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Tamil, Bengali, Sylheti and Gujerati.
If you have a confidential email address, please feel free to email us at: email@example.com Click here for information on how to delete your browser history and keep your e-mail account private.
Aanchal can help in the following ways:
- We stop a violent situation from escalating by offering emergency care with immediate referral to safety and shelter.
- We offer counselling and emotional support through an accredited counselling telephone service.
- We offer emotional support through our support group sessions and self development workshops.
- We offer an advocacy service to help our service users access housing and welfare benefits.
- We give legal advice and provide advocacy in issues regarding child protection and immigration status.
- We work with young people and local communities to raise awareness of domestic abuse.
- We are expanding our service by implementing future programmes that provide service users with education and skills training.
Helpline is open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
English, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Tamil, Bengali, Sylheti and Gujerati.